My first large table

From: John Leslie <johnleslie_at_madasafish.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2003 05:25:22 -0700

Currently have a small database with no table having more than 50000 rows.
Now we have a requirement to load large amounts of data into a table which will be held for 3 months, resulting in several million rows. The data will be loaded using sqlldr and thereafter queried for adhoc report purposes only.

Just want to know, what are the basic things I need to do in setting up this table to ensure decent performance.

Do I need to reorganize the table indexes on regular basis to retain performance? If so how? As you can tell I'm quite new at this!

Thanks in advance,
JL Received on Fri Jul 18 2003 - 07:25:22 CDT