Re: nextexent issue

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 05:41:25 +0200

On 17 Jul 2003 20:11:51 -0700, jamesyang_at_163.net (James) wrote:

>We are running SAP based on Oracle database.
>
>There is table which is increased very quickly. The backgroud
>statistic job calculated/updated the nextextent to 2G but the problem
>is the maximum data file size is 2G and we can not ensure the free
>space is continuous for the next exntent of this table. We can not
>extent the table except change the nextextent parameter, example to
>500M, manually.
>
>So my question is:
>
>Can I set the parameter's property to "no changeable", sure can be
>changed under some condition?
>
>If somebody know SAP very well, please advise can we check/update all
>the objects except this table?
>
>Thanks
>jamesyang_at_163.net

I would start setting the PCTINCREASE of those database objects to 0 in the first place. If SAP still sets PCTINCREASE ot a tablespace and of database objects to 50, this should be a reason to dump SAP

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 22:41:25 CDT