Re: tracking changes on a table through ODBC application

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:15:03 GMT

"Peter Sylvester" <peters_nospam_please_at_mitre.org> wrote in message news:bf6t01$g8m$1_at_newslocal.mitre.org...
> db dude wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Again. please re-read my question. I am not looking for alternative
> > solutions or speculating over what is possible or not. I am looking
> > for a solution to the excat problem that I posted. If you are not
> > capable or providing one, please don't spread garbage on the internet
> > by replying.
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> I'd suggest a way of doing it, but that would have to be one of those
> alternative solutions that you are not looking for...
>
> --Peter

Peter,
Clearly this is one of those people who are a legend in their own mind. The poster has a problem, has come up with a solution and now wants us to tell him how to implement the solution. (sounds pretty silly doesn't it.) A more mature approach would be

1. Describe what business need or problem you have.
2. Describe what features an excellent solution would have.
3. Describe what limitations there might be.
4. What version, os etc.
5. Ask for suggestions and solutions to address the problem.
6. Use a real name.  (This may not seem to matter, but db dude is cute at
the level of an 11 year old and not really a professional moniker; you would probably get more respect using Joe and still avoid privacy issues.)

From his responses I am not sure it is worth responding. Jim Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 22:15:03 CDT