Re: Orbitz blames Oracle for site outage

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:58:58 GMT

Or MS where I encountered a major defect show stopper in SQLServer years ago and was informed that Yup, I had found a defect, no they were not going to fix it and supply a patch; it might be in the next release and it might not. Whereas Oracle was willing to provide me with a patch when I had an equivalent type show stopper bug. Once they figured out where the problem was - and it was a lot harder to find than the one in SQL Server - I HAD A PATCH IN 4 HOURS. (patch worked just fine)

Is someone in MySQL et al. going to provide me with that level of service when it is critical. Nope.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure