Re: Real reason for Oracle/Orbitz problem?

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 17 Jul 2003 17:59:57 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3F172377.78A68F76_at_exxesolutions.com>...

> Microsoft had a huge security hole exposed today that affects all of
> their O/S offerings. I don't see panic in the streets on that and it
> affects every Windows machine on the planet.

Panic? No, not really. But it took me *three hours* to download the 800Kb patch off their site. In typical stupid M$ manner, instead of making it a single download that can be installed multiple times, they included it in their moronic "web-update".

This means if you have three computers at home, you gotta download it three times and install on each. Multiply that by a few million users out there and it adds up...

Will the stupidity never cease?

> Patience is called for. Eventually we will know what happened.

Exactly.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 19:59:57 CDT