Re: Hot to copy tables from one oracle user to another

From: Adrian Carlson-Hedges <adrian.chATbtinternet.com_at_no.spam>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:28:10 +0000 (UTC)

In message <_n5Ca.183$%Y2.152_at_newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>, "Yuri Weinstein (HotMail)" <yuriw_at_hotmail.com> writes
>and users are on different orcale servers?

  1. export/import
  2. If you just want the table and no associated constraints/indexes:

connect user2/user2
create table mytable as select * from user1.table; or if table is on a different database:
connect user2/user2_at_target
create [public] database link source.world connect to user1 identified by user1 using source.world
create table mytable as select * from mytable_at_source.world

I'd check the syntax of the create database link command. I don't have the docs handy, and it's not something I do every day, so it might be out.

Adrian

--
Adrian Carlson-Hedges