Re: Tnslistener dying with 9.2 on Win XP Pro

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:57:36 +0200

>>So with shared socket the listener spawns the socket for the client
>>connection and hands it over to oracle.

> Which is the correct behaviour from a TCP server. The listen() thread
> accept() the connection (which creates a brand new socket for that
> connection) and then fork() or CreateThread() handinf the socket to
> that process/thread.

Hey, we're talking windows here! :-) I believe I read somewhere in a metalink note that this functionality was not available on windows until nt4 + sp3 (might have been even later)!

On Unix shared sockets was always the default, I seem to remember from the same note. However, what with me beeing a youngster on this list, and I've got to admit that I'm almost completely on windows (not exactly my personal choice ;-) ), my memories might deceive me.

Cheers,

Holger Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 04:57:36 CDT