Oracle on which Linux?

From: April Nine <april94111_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 19:36:36 -0700

Hi,

my linux laptop bit the dust (I dropped it).

I'm on a quest for recommendations of linux-laptop vendors.

Here is what I found so far:

http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux-laptop-lc2000.html
http://www.laclinux.com/en/Laptop
http://eracks.com/products/Laptops/config?sku=LAPTOP
http://carbonlinux.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=30

Any opinions on the above vendors?

Any other vendors I should be looking at?

What I'm looking for (minimums):

cpu: 1.5ghz
ram: 500m
disk: 40gb
network card
56k modem card
weight: under 10lbs
os: redhat 8 or 9
hardware: reliable
vendor: honest
price: competitive

I'll be using the laptop to run Oracle and Java. I assume redhat 8 and 9 both run Oracle 9.2?

It appears that all I need to worry about are: kernel 2.4.7, and glibc 2.2.2.
I wonder if redhat 8 and 9 contain these?

Here is some interesting info I found out about Oracle on Linux. http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/html/A96167_01/pre.htm#sthref106

Thanks,
April. Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 21:36:36 CDT