Re: Editing the SNMP_RO.ora file

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:26:33 +0200

On 16 Jul 2003 07:27:08 -0700, OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com (OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com Kill the 2 trees in email address to reply) wrote:

>I am thinking about editing the snmp_ro.ora file, even though you are
>not supposed to. I think I did edit it a while back, not knowing you
>are not supposed to touch it

If you don't know what you are doing (and it very much looks like) don't. Just issue lsnrctl dbsnmp_stop, delete everything in $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent and issue lsnrctl dbsnmp_start. Provide oratab, listener.ora, and tnsnames.ora match, it will work like a charm.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 13:26:33 CDT