Re: ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

From: Oliver Sturm <oliver_at_sturmnet.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:22:56 +0200

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:54:19 +0200, Dirk Gomez wrote:

>> I've installed Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on my Debian system, which went fine
>> after

> On which version of Debian?

This is mostly the status of current "testing".

> Which glibc version?

2.3.1

> Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 runs
> fine on Debian stable with glibc 2.2.5

That's interesting. I might try that if all else fails.

> and probably needs a fair bit of
> relinking if you run it on testing or unstable - if it runs at all.

Well. Could you explain that to me? As far as I saw, the installer was busy relinking all kinds of stuff for twenty minutes or more. What else would I have to do?

As things are, I can actually do a lot of stuff: I can run the intelligent agent and also tnslsnr, sqlplus and dbca. So I'd guess things didn't go that wrong after all... the current problem seems to be to correctly tune the various kernel parameters, and I'm still wondering if there's some way to get some more debug info out of that thing.

Thanks for your answer and also to Daniel Morgan!

               Oliver Sturm

--
omnibus ex nihilo ducendis sufficit unum
Jabber sturm_at_amessage.de ICQ 27142619 MSN macnapple_at_hotmail.com Y! macnapple