Re: Kill oracle session on Win2000

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:08:26 +0200

julien <jul.gerard_at_laposte.net> schreef in berichtnieuws f3cb06b.0307160649.2f5f95ca_at_posting.google.com...
| My problem is
|
| I tried to kill an oracle session whith the command :
|
| ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION '32,46851'
|
| but the session is now on status Killed and is still in the list of
| sessions. Moreover this session not seems to be attached to a thread
| on the server. When I execute the following command :
|
| SELECT spid, osuser, s.program, schemaname
| FROM v$process p, v$session s
| WHERE p.addr = s.paddr
| AND s.SID = 32
|
| there are no rows returned and so I can't use the os command "orakill
| sid thread" to really kill the session.
|
| Is an other way to kill this session???
|
| Thx for answers
|
| julien.

Repeating the alter system kill session will sometimes help to let the killed session disappear.
Oracle is working on the cleanup of the mess while status is killed but I have the impression it needs to be reminded again to do so by issueing the kill session command again.
Don't know why, it is strange. Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 10:08:26 CDT