Re: cursor bind

From: george <gbh1935_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 06:58:12 -0700

it is a windows sp4 on dual 300mhz alpha running 7.3.2.3 (yes I know really, really old). There is basically nothing running on this box except for these procedures used to view some data that is loaded once a quarter. There is fewer than 10,000 rows in the two tables involved. The bit of code that it is getting stuck on is a for-loop on a cursor. I have found that it will complete if given enough time.  It really burns up the processors when running.

It is a loop within a loop that the cursor select statement has parameters passed to it dynamically. It is really wierd, it was working fine one day and basically stopped the next. There was no new data loaded into the system or any code changes. Like I mentioned, there is no other load on this server at all.