Re: Sure-fire "kill"

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:23:25 +0300

There is no init.ora parameters for getting rid of killed sessions AFAIK, but there is sqlnet.ora parameter SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME which you set in seconds. You set it on server side and it affects how often server sends probes to check whether clients are still alive. If set to 0 (default) no probes are sent. I have usually set it to 12-24 hours or even more, because had problems w. version 8.0.4.0.0 on WinNT where long running jobs such analyze were terminated when exceeded expiry time, IIRC.

Don't set it too low, otherwise you might get lot's of extra network traffic and load on your system..

And, I just noticed, don't crosspost to all groups, cdo.server is enough.. Tanel.