Re: bitmap join index error

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2003 08:52:15 -0700

I did more testing on your case, and it seems to be a "star transformation" case, with ma14_docs and ma14_feats as the dimension tables, and ma14_doc_feats the fact table. My question is why would you want to create a bitmap join index on a dimension table (ma14_feats)? It seems that what you would want is:

create bitmap index ma14_doc_feats_bitmap1 on ma14_doc_feats(d.doc_id, f.feat_id)
from ma14_feats f, ma14_docs d, ma14_doc_feats dfi where f.feat_id = dfi.feat_id
and d.doc_id=dfi.doc_id;

That worked for me, with the same tables and constraints' definitions that you defined (i.e. a unique constraint on (feat_id, doc) of table ma14_doc_feats).

Daniel Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 10:52:15 CDT