Re: Oracle 9.2.0.3

From: Cedric Vonck <vanderhoeven_at_ping.be>
Date: 15 Jul 2003 05:27:02 -0700

Thank you all for replying.

I use Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1. With all the latest updates available from Microsoft.

My database was corrupt:

        => After i ran the catexp.sql for recreation of the Export / Import views, I did a select * from all_objects where status = 'INVALID', this query returned about 500 invalid objects, ranging from java classes, packages to views, triggers..... and so on.

        => So, I re - ran catalog.sql to recreate my data dictionary.
              I did a select * from all_objects where status =
'INVALID'.
              Result 100% of my objects where invalid.
                  * No compile time for my objects anymore.
        => So then, via the database configuration Assistant (dbca), I
dropped the database, and created an other one. The creation process gave then various ora errors. (I did this 2 months ago)

My server was warped.....
=> With that I mean, there is no way to recover from failed oracle
installation process, you have to first backup everything that you can, format the whole lot and re-install all of it.
=> Oracle & uninstallation AND applying a patchset on top of that.
This combination does not work very well.

Yes I read the documentation carefully.
Yes I have experience in applying patchsets from Oracle (only for developer).
Yes I have experience with Oracle as developer and little less with DBA No I do not recall the explicit error message(s) anymore.

How I discovered this?

exp username/password_at_database file=export.dmp

=> Oracle ORA 00942 Table or view does not exist.
=> Export / Import views don't exist.

From metalink.oracle.com => run the catexp.sql to recreate the export/import views

Oracle did even ask me to open a tar (technical assistance request) for this issue because somebody else also experienced problems with this patchset for NT.
I could not do that because this was done in my spare time, not company time.
We have very strict rules here for demanding a tar to oracle.

Thanx again for replying. Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 07:27:02 CDT