Re: killing queries - possible?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:37:27 +0200

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:37:10 GMT, "Randy Nichols" <randynichols_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>If a query has been submitted via JDBC, is it possible to "kill" the query
>(for instance, it is exceeding a time limit)? How do you do it?
>
>-Randy

Only by killing the session
Connect to a different session use sql*plus or whatever GUI. Find the sid and the serial# of the affected session and
alter system kill session 'sid,serial#'

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jul 14 2003 - 23:37:27 CDT