Re: Veritas oracle agent and oracle 9.2.0.3

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:40:32 +0200

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3F1311B8.FA7F7267_at_exxesolutions.com...
| xxx73 wrote:
|
| > We are trying to perform a hot backup of an oracle 9.2.0.3 database
| > using veritas oracle agent 9, but we are unable to see through the
| > agent and backup the TEMPORARY and UNDO tablespaces. For all other
| > tablespaces, archive log and control files backup works fine. Is this
| > normal?
|
| Better than normal. You should not be trying to back them up in the first
| place.
|
| Read the Oracle concept and architecture docs at
| http://tahiti.oracle.com.
|
| --
| Daniel Morgan
| http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp
| damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
| (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

I can understand it for TEMPORARY tablespaces. But would you be so kind to explain why UNDO does not need to be part of backup while tablespaces with rollback segments do need backup? Received on Mon Jul 14 2003 - 15:40:32 CDT