Virus designed to take down an Oracle server?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 14 Jul 2003 11:22:58 -0700

Have you known of a virus/worm designed to take down an Oracle server (port 1521)?

On a very related note:
I captured and froze a virus/worm in my recently installed RedHat Linux 7.3 server. There were several files in /usr/sbin/ such as: mech, mech.info, mech.*, etc.

A 'ps aux' revealed a "cp ./mech" which is definitely self replicating stuff.

Apparently this virus takes its name from a "Mech Assault" video game.

Any info on this mech virus is very much appreciated.

-Ramon Received on Mon Jul 14 2003 - 13:22:58 CDT