Re: Oracle 9.2.0.3

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:11:57 GMT

Please provide us with futher details. Descriptions like 'my entire server was warped to cyberspace' and 'my db is "corrupt"' are not very technical. There are many types of problems that could arise. If you have specific error messages, then please let us know.

The instructions that come with the patchset are pretty clear (at least to me). I've never experienced any difficulties with applying these patchsets. So please help us to help you out and provide more information.

Thanks,
Brian

Cedric Vonck wrote:

> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3F103D1B.66535207_at_exxesolutions.com>...
> > Cedric Vonck wrote:
> >
> > > Dear,
> > >
> > > Can somebody please give me instructions of how to apply
> > > patchset 9.2.0.3 on Windows XP Pro Corp?
> > >
> > > I did this once and my entire server was warped to cyberspace...
> > > I had various problems with the export and import utility.
> > > And when i tried to drop the db and create another one it went totally down..
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance
> >
> > The readme file that comes with the patch clearly states the steps. If you can't
> > find it go to
> > http://docs.oracle.com and it should be there.
>
> I know how to get the readme file.
> That is no problem.
>
> I do drop the synonym & the function as described in the readme file.
> But when I apply the patch set, my db is "corrupt".
> - no db creation
> - export
> - import
> - ...