tracing the sql that an Oracle process is executing?

From: Holger Marzen <holger_at_marzen.de>
Date: 14 Jul 2003 17:56:45 GMT

Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 7:

We run an application with many local Oracle connections. 2 long living Oracle processes using lots of CPU. The application developers ask for help, if I could trace "something".

With db2 there is a trace facility that can attach to a running db and write the sql commands that are executed. So I could help a db2 deveoloper showing him that his application did the same sql again and again.

Is there a similar way to attach to a special Oracle process and show the sql that this process is executing? That would help them a lot. Received on Mon Jul 14 2003 - 12:56:45 CDT