Maximum size a tablespace can grow to

From: R.B <rich.bevan_at_bt.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:38:10 +0100

I am trying to find how much space a tablespace can grow to which has autoextend on and whos datafiles have a maxsize specified. That is the current size of the tablespace minus the maximum potential size of the tablespace. I am running the sql below:

SQL> SELECT tablespace_name, trunc ( sum ( bytes ) / (1024*1024) ) as free_m FROM dba_free_space GROUP BY tablespace_name;

which I believe is just showing me the free space left in the tablespace before the datafiles and tablespace autoextend.

Can anyone tell me how to calculate the "free space" which a require

Thanks,

Richard Received on Mon Jul 14 2003 - 10:38:10 CDT