Re: Oracle 8i and AIX 5 compatibility issue

From: juliuus <member32795_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:25:30 +0000

Hello again

I've installed the 32bit version of Oracle8i and that problem was sorted out.

Now I ran into another problem. From the Oracle side, everything seems to be fine, but when I run the application, I get the error:

-java.sql.SQLException: ORA-3113: end-of-file on communication channel

followed by

-java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12571 TNS: packet writer failure

I am trying to port our application and database from an HP machine to a IBM machine.

On the HP machine I have:

OS - HP-UX B.11.00
Java 1.2.2.10 (HotSpot VM)

On the IBM machine I have:

OS - AIX 5
Java 1.3.1 (Classic VM)

On both machines I have Oracle 8.1.7 and the java classes were copied from the HP to the IBM box.

Is there a chance that the problem resides on the java version ?

I've checked but couldn't find java 1.2 for this version of AIX.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

JQ