Re: ORA-27146 on init.ora PROCESSES

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 11 Jul 2003 01:19:36 -0700

"Anton Buijs" <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl> wrote

> Really looks like a semaphores kernel parameter that is set too low. Read
> the Oracle Installation Guide for HP-UX. In the "prepare to install" chapter
> the requirements for kernel settings are on one page.

Hehehe.. as if I have manuals.. :-)

They have a corporate IT license for Oracle. They get the manuals and CD's and good stuff. I get a FTP account for downloading the installation CD tars. Reason. Besides being a contractor, I'm also working for a non-IT department that "competes" with IT within the same corporate. Never mind that we have some of the biggest Unix boxes in the company standing on our computer room.

I would really like to see the PH-UX manual for Oracle... maybe one day..

--
Billy