Re: Trigger on v$sql catalog table

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:40:27 GMT

"db dude" <db_guy_2002_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f4a8da28.0307102219.39d01c89_at_posting.google.com...
> Why is this a bad idea. Will it degrade performance or cause any other problems?
>
> Auditing seems to degrade performance which I am trying to avoid or lessen.

Not possible. Plain and simple. It would be a bad idea even if it were. Imagine the trigger becoming invalid and the whole database getting
corrupted and/or crashing. They are views based on internal data structures which can be queried via SQL.

Oracle does not allow you to place any triggers on these tables. Them being internal in nature, no official documentation is there which goes in detail
about them. Do I need to say its not supported to put triggers on any SYS table (i.e. even non-x$ tables)?

Anurag Received on Fri Jul 11 2003 - 01:40:27 CDT