Re: How to select Dell based mighty server for Oracle 9i EE for Win XP?

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 10 Jul 2003 19:16:27 -0700

SLootsky_at_erols.com (Victor Slootsky) wrote in message news:<8fc7e62.0307081431.6b90ec0e_at_posting.google.com>...
> They asked me to select Dell based server for Oracle 9i EE with 4 disks and
> controllers with Win XP OS (and may be RAID 5). It is going to be a server
> machine to keep Oracle 9i and in addition about 40 other non-Oracle
> applications.

In MSCE sutdy guides and Windows Server Administration courses, M$ *specifically* advises against running multiple applications in database servers. Maybe you should ask your boss to explain why should Oracle be any different?

> The proposal will go on the boss' desk for the possible dollar's cut and then
> his approval. May be somebody tried to write this kind of proposal?

Yup. Gave up on the idea soon enough. Not worth it. When M$ themselves say *no*, it might be a slight hint that it is a stupid idea?

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Jul 10 2003 - 21:16:27 CDT