Re: dbms_lob.read errors out with ORA-21560

From: El Toro <medawsonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2003 14:43:22 -0700

> >I see that others have had this error before working with CLOBs, but
> >there have been no resolutions posted to their postings. Any help
> >will be greatly appreciated.
>

> You are not running on the most recent 8.1.7 release, which is
> 8.1.7.4. I would recommend upgrading to the latest patch release,
> and/or find out on Metalink whether your error has been addressed.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

I guess I should've clarified above where I looked when I stated "I see that others have had this error" (I guess I assumed people here would know by now that I exhaust all avenues before using this forum).

To clarify, I've searched all google newsgroups, the web, and MetaLink on this issue. There have been 0 resolutions posted for people who've had my problem.

Another clarification: We're bumping our heads against the wall because another site with 8.1.7.0 and Solaris 2.6 was able to import this schema and run the JDBC app without issue. So, while my initial idea was that a patch would help, this latter test that we performed early on with the software company who developed the app gave us doubts. Received on Thu Jul 10 2003 - 16:43:22 CDT