connect by clause

From: shankar72 <member33008_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:56:55 +0000

i have written this query on test database works fine but when we transfered both tables and the query to production we are getting two different results

the test version of oracle is- Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0
the procuction version is -Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.4.0 is this causing the problem?

SELECT 1 nivel, p.part_no item_number, ' ' mli, p.description, '1' quantity, 'EA' uom,'9' make
 FROM table_name p
 WHERE part_no = '*'
UNION ALL
SELECT a.nivel, a.part item_number, ml_no mli, b.description, a.quantity, b.uom,

       b.make
  FROM (SELECT LEVEL + 1 nivel, a.*

              FROM essen_bom a
        CONNECT BY assembly = PRIOR part AND assembly <> part
        START WITH assembly = '*'
          ORDER BY ess_hier_order) a,
       table_name b

 WHERE a.part = b.part_no