Connect to oracle oin redhat9

From: Thana <yim_cm_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2003 01:11:02 -0700

Hi
  I ,ve just download Oracle9.2.0 Linux platform from OTN. I installed and configured already. I got SYS and SYSTEM password. After everything seem to be ok. I lunch Oracle enterprise manager for create tables, tablespaces. I can run startdb, lsnrctl start. But why I can not login to sqlplus. evenif I can use following statement for
connect DB to startup

               $sqlplus /nolog
               sqlplus> connect as sysdba
I used oracle enterprise manager to create user. But I can not use that user to
connect via sqlplus. For example
               $sqlplus   (Then I get)
               Sqlplus 9.2.0.1
               Enter user name:

And I typing user name and password. And I get following error message ORA-01034 :Oracle not available.
ORA-27101 :Shared memory realm does not exist.

--> What does it mean. I could not understand. Evenif DB and all
oracle

       process are running.
Any one can help me ? Received on Thu Jul 10 2003 - 03:11:02 CDT