Re: ORA - 01555 rollback segment too old

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:08:58 GMT

"Maria" <evoradba_at_yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:351fd9d6.0307081752.72ea3340_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi all
>
> I have a database which is about 500GB in size, a tablespace for the
> ROLLBACK which is 40GG with 20 rollback @ 780MB each, then we
> introduce partition tables after about 2 weeks we start getting
> "ORA-01555 rollback segment RBS1 too old, too small" I called oracle
> support on this they are useless, they are just giving me notes to
> read, which most of them do not apply (I have a data warehouse db). I
> don't know what to do anymore? currently we are planning to hard code
> a rollback to this job which fails, which drop and recreates a
> partition table with 2 partitions, is there any issues with rollback
> segments with partition tables? should I increase the rollback's from
> 20 to 30 rollback segments? any ideas would be great, I'm running out
> of ideas as what to do next
> Thanks
> Maria

Give more clues if you expect a reply.

What does the job do (i.e. how does it recreate the partition table ... anything else it does?)? What Oracle version?
Do you have optimal set on the rollback segments? What kind of activity is happening in the database when the job fails? post code...

Are you getting 1555 error (snapshot too old) or are you getting "rollback segment too small"? According to your post you seem to be running a weird database which gives you the mix of the two errors.

Research Google and metalink .. this is a well documented/commented on error.

Anurag Received on Tue Jul 08 2003 - 22:08:58 CDT