How to select Dell based mighty server for Oracle 9i EE for Win XP?

From: Victor Slootsky <SLootsky_at_erols.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2003 15:31:22 -0700

In our shop one of the departments have a problem. Their current environment stinks. Oracle 8i is running on obsolete machine with very slow pace. They will get 9i soon.
They asked me to select Dell based server for Oracle 9i EE with 4 disks and controllers with Win XP OS (and may be RAID 5). It is going to be a server machine to keep Oracle 9i and in addition about 40 other non-Oracle applications. I would like to get an advice where to start from. Not all information about these applications is available. So I prefer to write a quote for as much as possible. Sound silly, but it is true. The proposal will go on the boss' desk for the possible dollar's cut and then his approval. May be somebody tried to write this kind of proposal?

Victor Slootsky
victor.slootsky_at_baesystems.com
301-231-2496 Received on Tue Jul 08 2003 - 17:31:22 CDT