import of LONG columns

From: Harry Boswell <hboswel1_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:02:09 -0500

I've been working for a while now to improve the import time of one of our schemas. One table takes up most of the import time, and it has a LONG column in it. Most of the objects are fairly small, but about 40 are much bigger - the largest is about 34.8 MB, and there are a few others that are larger than 15 MB. Would increasing the BUFFER parameter size to a very large value help this? (I'm thinking on the order of 35000000). Currently this import is taking about 6 hours, and the one table makes up about 5 1/2 hours of that.

Thanks,
Harry Boswell Received on Tue Jul 08 2003 - 17:02:09 CDT