Help with Oracle SDOAPI

From: Sunil <yahu76_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2003 13:39:23 -0700

I am a novice user to Oracle 9.2 and am trying to use the SDOAPI library to convert a Shapefile to Oracle table. When I compile the Samples files I get the following error:

SampleShapefileToSDO.java:7: cannot resolve symbol symbol : class STRUCT
location: package sql
import oracle.sql.STRUCT;

                  ^

SampleShapefileToSDO.java:8: package oracle.jdbc.driver does not exist import oracle.jdbc.driver.*;
^
SampleShapefileToSDO.java:49: cannot resolve symbol symbol : class OracleDriver
location: class sample.SampleShapefileToSDO
      DriverManager.registerDriver(new OracleDriver());
                                       ^
SampleShapefileToSDO.java:72: cannot resolve symbol symbol : class STRUCT
location: class sample.SampleShapefileToSDO
                                   null, STRUCT.class, null, conn);
                                         ^
SampleShapefileToSDO.java:71: cannot access oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection
file oracle\jdbc\OracleConnection.class not found

    GeometryAdapter sdoAdapter =
OraSpatialManager.getGeometryAdapter("SDO", "9. 2.0",

                                                  ^
SampleShapefileToSDO.java:94: cannot resolve symbol symbol : class STRUCT
location: class sample.SampleShapefileToSDO

      STRUCT str = (STRUCT) sdoAdapter.exportGeometry(STRUCT.class, g1);

      ^
SampleShapefileToSDO.java:94: cannot resolve symbol symbol : class STRUCT
location: class sample.SampleShapefileToSDO

      STRUCT str = (STRUCT) sdoAdapter.exportGeometry(STRUCT.class, g1);

                    ^

SampleShapefileToSDO.java:94: cannot resolve symbol symbol : class STRUCT
location: class sample.SampleShapefileToSDO

      STRUCT str = (STRUCT) sdoAdapter.exportGeometry(STRUCT.class, g1);

                                                      ^
8 errors

Can someone please help me with the above.

Thanks
Sunil Received on Tue Jul 08 2003 - 15:39:23 CDT