Re: -- parameter obsolete

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:53:49 +0100

You will be happy to hear it is back in 9.2 . You do know 817 is obsolete don't you.

Anyway in 817 you can just put an underscore on the front of it.

See

C:\>sqlplus sys/xxxxxxxxxxxx

SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Tue Jul 8 17:47:07 2003

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.4.1 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.4.1 - Production

SQL> select * from x$ksppi where upper (ksppinm) like '%DIST%';

ADDR INDX INST_ID

KSPPINM                                                             KSPPITY
KSPPDESC                                                           KSPPIFLG
00E21CD8        300          1
_distributed_lock_timeout                                                 3
number of seconds a distributed transaction waits for a lock              0

Don't forget to inform Oracle Support or they will not be nice to you. Ask yourself why it was removed
Did you check Metalink ? there is a note regarding this (although it is incorrect after 817)