Refresh fast on commit not working for my MV

From: JamesLane <JamesLane03_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:41:18 +0000

I have built a Materialized View on a separate database than the tables it uses successfully. When I changed the refresh method from on demand to on commit, I receive an error message saying "ORA-12054: cannot set the ON COMMIT refresh attribute for the materialized view" Here is my script:

DROP DATABASE LINK dblink;

CREATE DATABASE LINK dblink CONNECT TO OLIVER IDENTIFIED BY OLIVER USING 'mjb';

ALTER SESSION SET query_rewrite_enabled=TRUE; ALTER SESSION SET query_rewrite_integrity=ENFORCED;

DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW SAMPLE_MV_ACROSS_DATABASES; CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW SAMPLE_MV_ACROSS_DATABASES

        TABLESPACE users
        PARALLEL 4
        BUILD IMMEDIATE
        REFRESH FAST ON COMMIT
        ENABLE QUERY REWRITE
        AS
        SELECT   d2.customer_name_last ,
                 SUM(d1.PRICE) AS dollar_sales
        FROM     OLIVER.DATA1_at_dblink d1, OLIVER.DATA2_at_dblink d2
        WHERE    d2.PRODUCT_ID_PURCHASED = d1.PRODUCT_ID
        GROUP BY customer_name_last;
        ORDER BY customer_name_last

The tables contain simply VARCHAR2 and NUMBER columns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.