ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

From: Kristof Coucke <k.coucke_at_fujimsb.Be>
Date: 7 Jul 2003 07:52:33 -0700

Hi all,

I've just did an upgrade from oracle 8.1.7 Patch 4 to Oracle 9.2. First I did the upgrade of the Oracle soft, rebooted, and use the database configuration assistant to upgrade my DB.

Now, when I restart my server, the database service (yes, it's windows) is started, but the instance isn't up and running.

If I use the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console, I can mount and open the database.
But, as you can see, this is not very handy to do this every time. Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kristof. Received on Mon Jul 07 2003 - 09:52:33 CDT