Re: Recording Logon and SQL

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:00:54 GMT

Others have addressed that auditing is the mechanism you need.

But I wonder *why* you want to do this at all? Audit every single SQL statement that a user enters? Why?

Another option is to set up tracing of every session. But be prepared for the disk requirements to store those large trace files.

Cheers,
Brian

"netnews.comcast.net" wrote:

> Does anybody know of a way to track every user
> and SQL statement from the v$session and
> v$sqlarea without using auditing. Currently we are using
> a stored procedure that polls these tables but sometimes
> the pool is flushed allowing statements to slip in between the cracks.
> Looking for a better way of doing this.

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"