Re: runInstaller error

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 07 Jul 2003 18:20:32 +1000

 Jerry> Permission denied is the continuous rejectino error message
 Jerry> when I am trying to install Oracle8i Enterprise edition on
 Jerry> Linux Mandrake 9.1.

 Jerry> User/Owner = 47202 //this is puzzling. Group = oinstall

 Jerry> I modified my .bash_profile file per the installation  Jerry> instructions of the ldp howto install oradle 8i for rh 7..1.

 Jerry> Does anyone know of the way to get around this strange user  Jerry> id?

Are you trying to install it from CD?

What are the permissions in /etc/fstab for the cdrom mount command?

Some distributions include noexe as one of the options for mounting CDs as a security feature to stop users from running programs off CD. If it has noexec, edit fstab and remove it and then re-mount the cd and try running it again.

Tim

--
Tim Cross