PAGING IN ORACLE

From: Navin <navinsm2_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2003 00:08:41 -0700

HI,
GUYS I WANT TO DO PAGING IN ORACLE QUERY SUPPOSE I HAVE TABLE WHICH GIVES OUTPUT OF 100 RECORDS AND I HAVE A PAGESIZE OF 20 RECORDS.. I Want MY Select query output of 100 records when supply the page no say 2 i wnat 20 records of page 2 ..

now the issue how to select the folloing output in my query

1>how to get the total recordcount of the select query----eg:100
2>how to get the total no of pages eg:100/20=5  ''say 20 pagesize
3>how to select  only 20 records  on page say i pass page 2

i was using ASP side paging....
but what happens with that i have select all the records and then filter the records at front end..

i have report which has 20,000 records but as i have pagesize as 500

for showing 500 records on say 3 page i have to fetch 20,000 records and then using asp i get 500 records to show but that creating lot of load on server .... i wantt to avoid it..

guys will give your inputs....
may be ypou must have come across such issues regds,
Navin Mahindroo Received on Sat Jul 05 2003 - 02:08:41 CDT