runInstaller error

From: Jerry Weinstein <jeraldweinstein_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:12:26 GMT

Permission denied is the continuous rejectino error message when I am trying to install Oracle8i Enterprise edition on Linux Mandrake 9.1.

User/Owner = 47202 //this is puzzling.
Group = oinstall

I modified my .bash_profile file per the installation instructions of the ldp howto install oradle 8i for rh 7..1.

Does anyone know of the way to get around this strange user id? Received on Thu Jul 03 2003 - 01:12:26 CDT