sql more intelligent

From: Paul <hncraf_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:25:48 +0000 (UTC)

hi all

if i have a table with

name char(30)
group char(30)

the name refers to 'schema' names, can i circulate through this table and union the results of other tables across more than one schema

for example say we have the following data in this table

name group
fred high
thomas low
john high
mark medium

so i first to get the schema's i am interested in "select name from thistable where group = 'high'" - no i want to do this select firstschema.result+secondschema.result from commontable;

now in this example firstschema would be fred, and secondschema would be john, bearing in mind that we dont always have a static number of names returned from the first select, how do a union the results together?

thanks in advance for your assistance
paul

Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop_at_Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/