newbie DBA - rollback segments

From: Mark Perrault <mperrault_at_ingdirect.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2003 12:49:41 -0700

I'm new to the oracle dba roll, so please be gentle.

I load several large tables every night. My database is only about 20gB and is 24x7. I have 10 rollback segments of 100 mB each. I've noticed that the I have a rather high amount of that space getting used up (especially after I ran an adhoc UPDATE query on one of those large tables). How do I clear the RBS (beyond stopping and restarting the instance)? Is there a danger in having 75% or more utilization of those RBS's?

Thanks,
  Mark Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 14:49:41 CDT