Re: Accessing 2 tables with 1 name

From: Mark Perrault <mperrault_at_ingdirect.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2003 12:38:20 -0700

Thanks for the advice.

The reason I have 2 identical tables is that I load 1 while using the other and then simply update the State table to "point" to the new data.

After some testing, I've chosen to use synonyms to solve my problem.

Now I load the "inactive" table, update the State table, and then execute a stored procedure that creates a public synonym to the new active table.

Thanks again for the advice.

Mark Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 14:38:20 CDT