Re: Help: How can I find the error in a Procedure programtically

From: Stephen_CA <stephen.bell_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 2 Jul 2003 10:51:37 -0700

"charlie cs" <cs3526(no spam)@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<A3yMa.9186$tw3.7756_at_nwrdny02.gnilink.net>...
> We have a procdure. Every night it will become invalid, but it will be
> recompiled automatically by our scripts. There is no bad influence on our
> production, so this problem was unattended for a long time.
>
> I am interested in writing a scripts, which will record why the procedure is
> invalid.
>
> Could some one tell me which dynamic view I should look to get the error
> message if a procedure becomes invalid?
>
> Your help is highly appreciated.

Hi,
When a procedure becomes invalid it doesn't produce an error message. Often it's a case of a change to an object on which the procedure depends. You say that it becomes invalid every night..perhaps something on which the procedure depends is being changed in a nightly script? You may be able to track this down using these views: DBA_DEPENDENCIES
USER_DEPENDENCIES
ALL_DEPENDENCIES I hope this is of some help,

Steve Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 12:51:37 CDT