Re: Help: How can I find the error in a Procedure programtically

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:55:14 GMT

It may not have been any error that caused your stored proc to go INVALID. Rather, it may be DDL statements on an underlying object which makes the stored proc go INVALID. The next time the stored proc gets accessed, it is recompiled and everything goes fine. Check the LAST_DDL_TIME of DBA_OBJECTS for those objects that the stored proc uses.

HTH,
Brian

charlie cs wrote:

> We have a procdure. Every night it will become invalid, but it will be
> recompiled automatically by our scripts. There is no bad influence on our
> production, so this problem was unattended for a long time.
>
> I am interested in writing a scripts, which will record why the procedure is
> invalid.
>
> Could some one tell me which dynamic view I should look to get the error
> message if a procedure becomes invalid?
>
> Your help is highly appreciated.

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com