Re: Views inside views, execution plan & external WHERE clause

From: Jan <janik_at_pobox.sk>
Date: 2 Jul 2003 00:37:25 -0700

  1. Just ONE. because there is: SELECT func FROM DUAL

    see that your understanding is wrong e.g. on:    http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:380014022855969596::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:9808349898392,

You can also use SYS_CONTEXT instead of Your_Function.

2. Why? This I didn`t test, please show us. BTW, if that is true It will be still better since my approach is doing:

    Filter comlex data - the first,
    Joins of single result - the second

3. They can say the same about Analytic functions, about Bulk Collect etc. if they don`t understand it.

Jan