Re: raw devices, how to?

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:55:14 +0200

Sepp Hauser wrote:
> see the Oracle RAC Linux Step by Step documentation on melalink.
> The raw devices should work also without RAC.
That doc wasn't really helpful but from there I got to http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showNOT?p_id=224165.1&p_showHeader=1&p_showHelp=1 and that is enough to start with.
First thing, though for me is to check that I use asynchronous I/O. Then, distribute the files acros several disks and then I'm going to try raw devices.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
While it is a known fact that programmers
never make mistakes, it is still a good idea