how to dump and comprehend a rollback block

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:57:07 GMT

Can somebody point to official or unofficial documentation on how to dump and read info of a rollback segment block? (based on info in v$transaction)
I have some transactions that stay open for too long (usually transactions last <1 second, it's a web app). They have TX locks/transaction slots open. I have a suspicion it's due to sql over the link.
Any other help would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Jul 01 2003 - 12:57:07 CDT