A model for storing SQL critieria / business rules..?

From: Patrick Saunders <psaunder_at_comcen.com.au>
Date: 1 Jul 2003 01:19:11 -0700

Hi there,
I am currently rewriting a report that uses about 10 queries to generate data.
The issue is that each query has different critiera and I would like to store these criteria's (they can be considered rules) as reference data in the database, so that I can build the queries on the fly.

Does anyone have experience with the best way to do this? I know that parameter tables can be used, though I'm more interested in a solution that can nicely handle conditions like ' colA like 'K%' OR colB in ('A','B').
I am effectively talking about set theory algorithsm and/or parse tree related knowledge, though in a tool that is useable from oracle PL/SQL .

Thanks,

Patrick. Received on Tue Jul 01 2003 - 03:19:11 CDT