Re: executing trigger and pl/sql

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:02:59 +0200

Hi,
comments inline...

"kiran" <kiran.news.invalid_at_web2news.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:45993N590_at_web2news.com...
> Hi,
>

> How could I execute a trigger in oracle, Similary how could I execute a
> pl/sql ?

Trigger: by making the triggering event happen. PL/SQL: do you mean sth. stored in the database or anonymous blocks in SQL*PLUS? Stored procs etc. by entering 'execute procname;',
anonymous blocks 'declare...begin...end ;/'.

> Is there an optimized way to enter the current date and time into
> a field, rather than picking sysdate from dual?

If you really need the current date/time, sysdate from dual is the way to go. If you want to use this value more than one time in your code, assign it to a variable and use this variable.

hth,
Guido Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 09:02:59 CDT