Client 9.2.0.3 connection loops on RedHat 8.0

From: Håkan W <hwahlberg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Jun 2003 05:35:30 -0700

When I try to create a tablespace with size bigger than 300 Mb, the client-connection (oracleXXXX (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)....) starts looping after the file physically has ben allocated. Can kill sqlplus but not the connection-process, not even with kill -9.

I have to reboot the server to get rid of the connection process. Other clients still works so the database doesn't hang.

However, if I create the tablespace with multiple datafiles, each the size of max 300 Mb, it works OK.

I have set all the system parameters according to Oracle installation manual (hopefully)

No quota is on. I can allocate 2Gb-files (maybe bigger?) as user oracle without a problem.

This seems to be a Oracle9.2/RedHat8-problem. Works fine using Oracle8.1.6/RedHat6.2.

How can I trace what's happening? System-limits or Oracle-limits or what?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

/Håkan W Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 07:35:30 CDT